A commercial fridge or freezer is a significant investment for any business, typically costing a princely sum to purchase outright. And then you have to consider the cost of a breakdown: all the spoiled food you throw away and all the stuff you lose until your fridge gets back to work. Fortunately, you can mitigate the risk of an unexpected breakdown by adhering to a thorough maintenance routine.
- Clean it regularly, both inside and out: Regular cleaning of the appliance will prevent the buildup of food scraps which can clog vents and cause pungent odors. Schedule a thorough cleaning once a week or fortnightly, ideally when the refrigerator is almost empty and/or when you are not expecting many customers. For the interior, remove all contents and store them in another cabinet while using a soft brush with warm water and vinegar solution to scrub the shelves. Remove all drawers and let them rinse in a similar solution. Avoid harsh chemicals at all costs due to the risk of contamination of your products. As for the outside, you will also want to use a soft brush and a solution of hot or detergent water, because it avoids coloring and scratching the surface. Commercial freezers are one of the most important pieces of catering equipment your restaurant needs. Commercial freezers provide valuable space for food storage, freezing, and long-term storage of your supplies. You have all sorts of trending and reliable options at Federal Hospitality Equipment which is one of the leading companies in Sydney.
- Keep an eye out for mold and fungus: These pesky little microscopic spores are the last thing you want growing inside your fridge, so you need to inhibit their ability to grow. two cups of water stop mildew. Use this formula to clean the fridge on your scheduled cleaning days.
- Clean the Condenser Coil: If this essential appliance collects too much dirt or grime, the temperature inside the refrigerator will rise, spoiling food and potentially damaging other parts of the appliance.
- Fugue your joints: If these cracks are sealed or not correctly sealed, your device will not maintain the desired temperature and your product is lost.
- Air filters: These are other problem areas that can quickly become clogged, especially if the refrigerator is near a fryer. A clogged air filter impedes ventilation, which can spoil your food and possibly destroy other delicate parts. Inspect the air filters during their scheduled cleaning routine, remove dirt with a vacuum or brush and remove grease with a degreaser.
- Clean the drain pans and attached pipes: The drain pans are designed to collect sludge and slime, so be sure to empty them regularly to avoid a stink in the fridge. It’s a good idea to rinse them with warm water and vinegar.
In commercial kitchen equipment, any of the commercial freezers fit well in the kitchen of a restaurant, bar, or cafe. At Federal Hospitality Equipment they only sell the most practical and reliable freezers on the market. All of our freezers and refrigerators are made of pure stainless steel for strong and robust construction. Many of our freezers also feature interior lighting, digital temperature controls, displays, and full insulation.